Friday 29 November 2013

DigiPack Cover Idea 1

Here is a step by step guide and analysis on how I created my digipack draft.


I imported and extended the canvas size to create a small border. I was aiming for it to give a picture frame effect.


I then filled the border with a worn white colour.


I then de-saturated and edited the exposure to gave it an old photo effect.


I applied a worn paper texture over the image which gave it depth and made it look like a worn photograph.


To finish the look I applied a layer of scratches and black spots, lowered the opacity and blended with the existing layers. This gave it as if the photo had been damaged over time.


Overall Im very happy of the edit, although I feel the theme of it is wrong for our Artist. I feel it was edited well to look like an old photo but suits more of an indie/folk theme. I feel the artwork would suit a more acoustic folk band and not an upcoming DJ. I want to use the same techniques with layers and blending but apply it to another idea to get a more desired effect. I want to make sure in the final Digi-Pack that the space around the CD is edited so the CD becomes part of the artwork, giving it an overall consistent theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment